For instance:
{The Evil One 12-2011}
"The Evil One" (3) who is know for her love of scissors and cutting anything and everything in her path especially her own hair, (we have the photos of the ever increasingly short hair to prove it)...was playing at my house. I felt the nudge of my inner auntie say "go check on that girl". Now I know her insatiable need for cutting and I can relate on a certain level, so I am sure to hide all scissors from her view and yet... as my guts said go check on the Evil One, I rounded the corner caught her with scissors in one hand standing like a deer in the headlights. Something flew out of the scissors grip. It was so fast that I couldn't quite make out what it was and I looked around and finally said... kind of shrieking like, "WHAT did you CUT?"
Her answer, "Not my Hay-awr (hair)"
me"then what DID you cut?"
E "That pay-pow (paper)."
"Oh no you didn't cut that pay-pow, I CUT that pay-pow!"
I soon found the flying strand of soft blond hair and I was the one who had to tell her mother. Crap.
{ "O" at our family nativity 12/2011}
O:"Auntie, how many boyfriends do you have?"
Me: "I don't have any boyfriends right now (but I didn't want to loose face so....) I used to have 5 but I dumped them."
O: "Auntie, why did you dump them?"
Me: "Uhhhhh.....they weren't very righteous."
With a knowing face O: "Did they smoke cigarettes?" (Mormons believe in having a healthy body, which means no smoking, drinking alcohol, drugs or even coffee or tea).
In my head... (What the crap? ha ha)
Me: "No, I don't think so. I am pretty sure I would know that".
O: "Did they drink Alcohol?"
Me: "No, well at least I don't think so". (Probably actually)
O: " Auntie.... did they GO to church?????
Me: "That's it! They sometimes didn't go to church." Phew... relief. How in the world can I explain not keeping chaste? whoa.
O: Oh ya, they need to be righteous enough.
She is also the one who explained to me that it takes a male and a female to have babies... oh lovely.
We also get to do wonderful things like go shopping, pick roses off the bushes and fill the house with them. We have tea parties and make dinner. We play outside and "just dance 3".
They steal my heart when they don't want me to leave. I love those kiddos so much that I suppose I will never have anything to talk about again. Oh well.
1 comment:
Ha Ha Ha! I am laughing so hard at your post! The "evil one" reminds me of me....but it is apparent that she is definitely YOUR niece when it comes to cutting! And I love the conversation with "O" That is seriously sooo funny! I'm glad she is keeping you on track with how making babies work! Ha Ha! Nieces are the best and they make life very entertaining!
Post a Comment